Interesting old jail – located directly next to the courthouse. It is now serving as the County Library!
“Like the courthouse, the concrete and stucco Jim Hogg County jail was designed by San Antonio architect Henry T. Phelps. Both buildings were built at the same time and completed by 1914.
This jail was used until 1981 and still sits behind the courthouse facing East Santa Clara Street.”